Friday, April 17, 2009

Struggles

I have not done much writing this week at all. This new outline has given me all kinds of trouble. I'm thinking of setting it aside for now and coming up with another novel idea. It has been a long time since I've done any writing so that may take me a while (at least to come up with a decent idea that has not already been done to death). I may just go to the bookstore and go on a spending spree.

I read a post this week (don't recall the source) where someone sent a novel manuscript to TOR and it took THREE YEARS to get a rejection; he did that two more times. That's just crazy. Definitely makes sense to start working on the next novel while waiting (I was planning on that anyway). In that time you could complete a trilogy by the time you get a rejection. The sad thing is that you cannot submit simultaneously during that time.

For now I will work to come up with a new novel idea. This current one is giving me so much trouble. Perhaps I'm only now realizing that it was not very good in the first place. Either that or my writing skills have gotten rusty after ten years. I prefer the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment