Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Characterization or Outlining

These last few weeks I have spent working on the characterization for my main character, supporting role character, and antagonist. I have gotten many ideas for the story from the work I have done. However, lately I have had the temptation to start writing again. I also know that the more characterization I do the more story ideas I can get. So, I'm debating what to do now.

Due to the ideas I have now, I decided to write this novel from multiple points of view. Originally I was only going to show the story from the main character's point of view. I want to keep the number of views down in this book, probably only three. Last night I spent a good amount of time working out scenes for this novel's outline. What I may do is work on solidifying the outline of the first quarter of the novel and then start writing that section only. Even when I changed the plot in the past the first quarter of the novel really did not change all that much. I think I have at least that much of this book solidified and I should not have to change it too much if the outline changes.

Although I have not done as much characterization as I wanted I think the temptation to start writing may be too much for me to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment