Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Update

Last Week's Goals
I did very well with my outline goals. Last night I started combining all of the notes I have compiled over the last month or more and put them into the outline. The story has grown quite a bit lately. The brainstorming has helped develop some extra subplots.

My goals for next week
  • Brainstorm sessions for outline
  • Work on Project: Life outline
  • Critiquing
I will continue combining all of my notes into the single outline because those notes are thrown all over the place. I need to get them all centralized. At the end of March I'm using up the last of my vacation days (use it or lose it) so I will have a five day weekend. I'm hoping to have a good solid idea of the first quarter of my novel in this outline because I want to use this long weekend to start writing that part of this novel.

This week I will continue with the critiques as I get the new material. Hopefully my comments will be helpful.

What did I learn this week?
The thing I learned this week is that I need to take things more slowly. As always I get too eager and push forward too fast. In this case, I kept "jumping steps" in this new process I am trying. Because of this I got frustrated that I was not making progress. Well, the last couple days I went back and did these steps slower and got much better results. Sometimes I think I am just too eager to get back to the writing. At least that's what I found this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment